Radio Station
(UFPD Building)


The WRUF Radio Station building opened in 1928.  It was built according to the designs of Rudolph Weaver in the Tudor Revival style, a manner quite different from the Collegiate Style characterizing other campus buildings of that time period.
The radio station moved in 1957 to new quarters and at that time the building became headquarters for the University of Florida Police Department (UFPD). This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
For more information about the UFPD building, consult the Resources Guide.  For more  images, browse  The Gallery
Historic Site | UF Builds
Page Author:  Edward H. Teague
Page Created:  15 September 1999
Page Updated:  12 January 2000