Hall was designed by Rudolph Weaver and opened in 1927. Named for
Major E. S. Walker, a civil engineering professor, this building
was originally called the Mechanical and Engineering Building. Its
former neighbor was Benton Hall, another Engineering building, which was
destroyed in the 1960s. Walker Hall has had several additions.
It is connected to Carleton Auditorium by a roofed passageway that also
serves as a vending area.
Hall is part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection
of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in
|Historic Sites | UF Builds|
|Page Author: Edward
Page Created: 15 September 1999
Page Updated: 1 October 1999