Hall, located on Fletcher Drive, was designed as a multipurpose building.
When it opened in 1906, this building provided space for offices, classrooms,
dining, and housing. It was renovated in 1984, and today it is used
exclusively for student housing. The building was named for Major
William R. Thomas who successfully lobbied for siting the University of
Florida in Gainesville.
Gothic style by architect William
A. Edwards, Thomas Hall was constructed by the H. T. Hadlow Company.
Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection
of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in