Rolfs Hall, located on Buckman Drive, was completed in 1927. Originally called the Horticulture Building, it was designed by campus architect Rudolph Weaver in the Collegiate Gothic style that characterized other UF buildings at that time. A striking parapet with alternating quatrefoils and lozenges is among the building's decorative details.
addition to classrooms, the Horticulture Building housed the State Plant
Board, the Agricultural Extension Service, the Agricultural Experiment
Station, and the extensive UF Herbarium. In the 1950s, the Rolfs
Hall was named for Peter Henry Rolfs, a dean of the College of Agriculture
and Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station. In the
late 1990s an extensive, exterior stairwell was added at the south.
|Historic Sites | UF Builds|
|Page Author: Edward
Page Created: 15 September 1999
Page Updated: 1 October 1999