Norman Hall


Interior, Norman Hall
Norman Hall  opened in 1932 as the P. K. Yonge Laboratory School.  The building was named for College of Education Dean James W. Norman in 1958 when the P. K. Yonge School moved to its new building.  Norman Hall's architect was Rudolph Weaver in the Collegiate Gothic style common to other UF campus buildings of that time and earlier.  It was built by the C. A. Smith Construction Company.  The arches and windows of Norman have an interesting array of decorative ornaments.  An addition to Norman Hall was added in 1979.  It houses the Education Library, classrooms, and labs.  Norman Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. 

For more information on Norman Hall, consult the Resources Guide.  For more images, browse  The Gallery.
Historic Sites Guide | UF Builds
Page Author:  Edward H. Teague
Page Created:  15 September 1999
Page Updated:  13 January 2000