Built during the Depression, Murphree Hall has been used as a residence hall since its opening in 1939.   It was designed by architect Rudolph Weaver in the same Collegiate Gothic style as its neighboring dormitories. 

The building was named in honor of Dr. Albert A. Murphree, the second president of the University of Florida.

Murphree Hall is among the buildings constituting the University of Florida Campus Historic District, an historic area added to the National Register in 1989.

Murphree Hall
For more images of Murphree Hall, consult The Gallery
Consult the Resources Guide for more information about this building.
Historic Sites | UF Builds
Page Author:  Edward H. Teague
Page Created:  15 September 1999
Page Updated:  1 October 1999