Hall was completed in 1910. Originally, its first floor housed the
departments of bacteriology, botany, chemistry, horticulture, physics,
and zoology. On the second floor was the University Museum which,
in 1914, became the Florida State Museum. The building was named
for Dr. Edward R. Flint, chemistry professor and University Physician,
in the 1950s.
Hall was designed in Collegiate
Gothic style by architect William
A. Edwards. It was constructed by the J. J. Cain Company of Atlanta.
Many of its original interior and exterior decorative elements were removed
during the course of building alerations over the years. Used for
many years as a storage facility, Keene-Flint Hall commenced renovation
in 1999 under the direction of Rowe Architects. The renovation was
made possible by a gift in 1997 from Kenneth and Janet Keene whose support
along with matching state funds also enabled the renovation of Anderson
Hall. The name of Flint Hall was changed in honor of the Keenes.
Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection
of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in