Fletcher Hall


Originally called North Dormitory, Fletcher Hall was completed in 1939.  It was built during the Depression with assistance of programs such as the Works Progress Administration.  The building was renamed in honor of U. S. Senator Duncan V. Fletcher.  Renovated in 1984, Fletcher Hall continues to serve as a residence hall.

Fletcher Hall was designed by architect Rudolph Weaver  in the Collegiate Gothic style following the tradition established by his predecessor William Edwards.  Fletcher Hall is among the buildings constituting the University of Florida Campus Historic District, an historic area added to the National Register in 1989. 

For more images of  Fletcher Hall, consult The Gallery
For more information about this building, consult Resources Guide
Historic Sites | UF Builds
Page Author:  Edward H. Teague
Page Created:  15 September 1999
Page Updated:  1 October 1999