Hall was completed in 1907 and served originally as a multipurpose facility.
It has been used exclusively as a residence hall since the late 1940s.
Hall was designed in Collegiate
Gothic style by architect William
A. Edwards. Decorative features include a relief, over
each bayed entrance, representing the anguished scholar.
Hall was added to the National Register in 1974. It is a part of
the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings
added to the National Register as an historic district in 1989.