Meeting Notes - September 19, 2005
Public Relations and Marketing Committee Minutes
September 19, 2005
Members present: John Nemmers, Carol Turner, Chelsea Dinsmore, Angela Mott, Barbara Hood, Marina Salcedo
Members absent: Susy Potter, Tom Minton
Guest: Jana Ronan
Visitor: Jana Ronan discussed needs for promoting new Ask A Librarian Chat service.
- The committee agreed to support the Ask A Librarian service in the following ways:
- Barbara will create a bookmark that can be passed out during ENC classes in the coming weeks. She will also check to see about getting an article published in the Alligator on the new service in conjunction with CNS.
- Jana will write a blurb about the service and give to Barbara for design of bookmarks and other publicity efforts. She will also write an article for the Library News that will go out at the end of fall semester. It was also suggested that Jana have some open workshops to teach people how to get connected to jabber.
- Tom will provide a news headline on the library website to advertise the new service.
- It was agreed that we will continue to monitor the progress of the service and launch more promotional material when the service is more stable.
Update on RTS bus signs –
- All 19 campus routes and city Route 20 will have the library bus signs mounted. The signs will be mounted as soon as we are able to get a contract from RTS and PO from the finance office.
Adding new members to committee from new hires –
- Val Davis was suggested as a possible new member representing the Science Library. Marina will contact Carol Drum about her appointment. Marina will also contact Betsy Simpson and Michele Crump about a possible candidate from Technical Services.
Update on library website –
- Tom wasn’t present.
Update on Let's talk about it: Jewish Literature grant –
- Chelsea reported that the grant is well on its way to completion. We found out that the public library was awarded a Let’s Talk About It grant for the same program we were thinking of applying for. We had to change our plans, but it has all worked out.
Faculty Welcome Packets –
- Marina will send out email to selectors to get feedback about the usefulness of folders.
Barbara wanted to know what other photos would be useful for the tabletop display. Several shots were suggested. Barbara will work on getting those taken and ready to use.