Meeting Notes - August 29, 2005
Public Relations and Marketing Committee Minutes
August 29, 2005
Objections about putting handout template online for all to use -
- It was agreed that we would have two separate headers/footers for handouts. The standard header/footer already being used for the major library handouts will continue to stay in control of Misty and Barbara. Barbara will design an alternative header/footer to be used for on-the-fly handouts made for individual classes and orientations. Instructions on appropriate use of each header/footer will be included in the resource website along with contact information for the responsible parties.
- Barbara will start work on designing standard display graphics for the display boards. These will include images of all the libraries as well as some title graphics. A map with all the library locations would also be a good addition to this packet.
- The special for magnet purchases has expired. We have an option of either ordering 2000 student magnets at $358 now. Or not ordering magnets at all and waiting until the special next year. The committee agreed that we should go ahead and order 2000 student magnets at the current price.
Rainy day bags-
- We are currently down to about 1000 rainy day bags. Barbara will order another 10,000 bags. The only change made to the bag design will be to the Library West listing which will now read “Library West - Grand Opening spring 2006”.
Polo shirt orders-
- Several people on the committee said they wanted to get these but so far no one from the committee has ordered. Misty can't send in the order until at least one more person places an order. Misty received enough shirt requests to put an order through.
Update on faculty welcome folders -
- Folders have gone out to most of the CM faculty and distribution continues as planned.
There have been some misunderstandings of the use of library t-shirts. Carol will send an email out to remind staff that the t-shirts were for use during the first week of classes and then for special events like tabling and orientations.
Tom has been working on the Marketing Calendar and will send out a link soon so that the rest of the committee members can review