Public Relations and Marketing Committee
The Public Relations and Marketing Committee is a standing committee of Smathers Libraries that is composed of representatives from all divisions who have a strong interest in improving the image of the libraries among University of Florida faculty, students, and staff.
The Committee works closely with and advises the Smathers Public Information Officer and is charged with the following responsibilities.
- Undertakes activities that will establish a clear and positive image of the libraries in the university community.
- Undertakes activities that increase awareness in the university community of the scope of the libraries’ services
- Builds an internal marketing culture within the libraries.
- Provides a framework to ensure consistency in the libraries’ communications.
- Performs an annual evaluation of the libraries’ images and services.
- Prepares an annual plan and budget.
Members serve staggered 3-year terms that coincide with the fiscal year and select a chair annually.
The Committee reports to the Director for Public Services, and its reports and recommendations are shared with Library Council.
- Marina Salcedo, H&SSS and Collection Management Liaison, Chair
- Barbara Hood, Public Information Officer (Ex Officio)
- Chelsea Dinsmore, Documents Liaison
- Damon Austin, Marston Science Library Liaison
- Tom Minton, Web manager (Ex Officio)
- Angela Mott, Access Services Liaison
- John Nemmers, Special and Area Studies Collections Liaison
- Carol Turner, Director for Public Services (Ex Officio)
- Marcia Alden, Technical Services Liaison
- Health Science Center Library Liaison (Ex Officio)
- Susy Potter, Legal Information Center Liaison (Ex Officio)
- Member of the UF teaching faculty (Ex Officio)