The Department of Special & Area Studies Collections is housed in multiple buildings on the University of Florida campus. The main Special Collections Research Room is located on the second floor of the Smathers Library (Library East), and the Latin American Collection is housed on the fourth floor of the same building (both are accessible by elevator). The Price Library of Judaica is located in Library West.
See the University of Florida campus map.
Researchers are encouraged to telephone, e-mail, or write at least 3 days in advance of their visit.
Regular Hours of Operation:
- The main Research Room regular hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
- The Latin American Collection regular hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, and Sunday 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
- The Judaica Library regular hours are: Mon. - Thurs., 8:00 am - 1:00 am; Fri., 8:00 am - 10:00 pm; Sat., 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun., 10:00 am - 1:00 am.
Please be aware that these hours of operation do change throughout the academic year. For changes, see the complete Libraries' hours of operation.
For contact information, including mailing and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and online contact forms, please visit our Contact page.
UF offers paid parking on campus at the Visitor Welcome Center in the Reitz Union. Other, external paid parking options are also available.
- Visitor Welcome Center Hourly Paid Parking (Reitz Union)
- General Information on UF Parking
- External, non-UF parking (e.g., St. Augustine lot)
Other Visitor Information Resources
- UF Visitors Main Page
- Gainesville Airport
- Jacksonville and Orlando airports: both are approximately a 1.5-2 hour drive from Gainesville (the Jacksonville airport is closer; the drive from Orlando includes toll roads)
- Gainesville bus system (note: campus bus schedules change for different semesters and during intercession)