The Department of Special & Area Studies Collections encompasses collections of unique and special types of materials (e.g., rare books, archives, and manuscript collections) and interdisciplinary collections pertaining to geographical, national or cultural regions. The collections directly support a variety of academic disciplines and research programs.
- African Studies Collections
- Archives and Manuscripts
- Asian Studies Collections
- Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature
- Rare Books
- Isser and Rae Price Library of Judaica
- Latin American and Caribbean Collection
- Map & Imagery Library
- P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History
- Popular Culture Collections
- University Archives
Please note: many of these collections are non-circulating, with materials accessible only through the Special Collections Research Room on the second floor of Smathers Library. Please contact us prior to your research visit.
The majority of holdings are described in the Libraries' Catalog and descriptive finding aids for the manuscript and archival collections, and digital reproductions are available in the UF Digital Collections (UFDC).