Off Cycle Paychecks
According to UF policy:
1. Time not approved by the supervisor does not automatically qualify for an emergency (off cycle) check. Supervisors
need to be diligent in approving time and be sure that a backup approver is available if the supervisor is unable to
approve the time.
2. If the non-exempt employee did not enter their time worked, an emergency check will not be approved,
regardless of the percentage of the underpayment.
3. Where time worked is not approved by the supervisor AND the employee is paid less than 80% of his regular
wages, an emergency check will be issued.
Supervisors need to be diligent in approving time and be sure that a backup approver is available if the
supervisor is unable to approve the time. This is critical so that a financial hardship is not created for the
How can we best respond to this new UF policy?
- Enter your time by the close of business Wednesday
- Confirm in PeopleSoft that your time has been approved by your supervisor
- Approve your employees time on Thursday
- Be sure to check salaried (exempt) employees for leave time entries that need your approval
- If you are unavailable to approve time, make sure a departmental backup approver will do so
If you note an employee’s hours do not represent their time worked and approved leave, inquire with the employee and correct the problem. If unable to correct, notify Business Services by email immediately.