Federal Work Study Student Assistant
Health Science Center Library
The HSC Library is looking for 2-3 students who are available to start immediately and continue through Fall 2013 and beyond. These are ongoing FWS positions.
Varying schedules between the hours of 1:00pm-midnight, Sunday, and 4:00pm-midnight, Monday-Thursday, for up to 15 hours per week.
Public service library duties including:
• Staff the Information desk on the first floor of the Health Science Center Library
• Search the UF catalog to determine the location of library materials and if they are available for checkout
• Check out and check in materials and study rooms in ALEPH
• Search ARES, retrieve, check out and check in reserve materials.
• Assist patron with questions and refer them to other staff members when needed
• Inform users about photocopier use and adding value to the Gator1 cards for copying
• Assist patrons with operation of copiers, scanners, workstations and other equipment
• Pick up, sort, and replace library materials in the proper locations throughout the library
• Assist with other general library duties and/or projects as needed
- Federal Work Study REQUIRED - no exceptions
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed
- Previous experience in any library setting
- Good database and web searching skills
- Comfortable in Windows operating system
- Ability to work independently once trained
Apply online at: http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/40698.