Federal Work Study Student Assistant - Digital Imaging Technician
Digital Library Center
Reporting to an Imaging Supervisor, the Imaging Technician will capture page images, and perform image optimization if necessary and carry out quality control on captured images as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prep of newspapers for capture.
- Digitally capture source materials using CopiBook scanners and other hardware.
- Process and optimize images as necessary using Adobe Photoshop and other software.
- Monitor work flow history using department database.
- Perform quality control on files to assure image consistency, pagination and sectioning.
Facility is located at 4040 NE 49th Ave, Gainesville, Florida.
Pay Rate: $7.79/hr
- Must qualify for Federal Work Study
- Must have transportation to off-campus facility. The facility is just a short 11-minute drive from campus, and there is ample free parking.
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to work accurately in detail-oriented, busy production environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set and follow a written schedule, and the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
Apply online at: http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/35516