Student Assistant - Acquisitions Department
Pay Rate: $7.79/hr
Number of Students: 1
Hours: Varying schedules during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, for 10-15 hours per week.
The student assistant is needed to assist the Acquisitions Department with the maintenance of the Libraries’ Exchange Program. The student must be available to start immediately and continue through Fall 2013 and beyond. This is an ongoing position.
- Receive and distribute the Exchange Program’s incoming mail and packages
- Perform bibliographic, item, and order record searching in Aleph to determine library holdings and location
- Perform searches in UF catalog
- Perform title searches in Exchange Database
- Assist staff with Exchange related projects
- Organize the distribution of exchange journals to various mailing lists
- Assist with other general duties and/or projects as needed
Freshmen & sophomores who will consider working for duration of their academic tenure are preferred, but others who are able to make a long-term commitment to the unit will be considered.
- Must be dependable, punctual, detail-oriented, and courteous
- Ability to manage time and commitments including scheduled work hours
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Previous experience in any library setting
- Good database and web searching skills
- Comfortable in Windows operating system
- Ability to work independently once trained
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus
Instructions to Applicants
Apply online at http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/41332. The requisition number is T941.