Associate University Librarian
Office: 201B, Marston Science Library
M.L.S., Kent State University
M.A., Kent State University
B.A., The Ohio State University
Research Interests: responsible conduct of research in the sciences, ethics education, collection assessment & metrics, and citation analysis
Subject Responsibilities: Entomology & Nematology, Environmental Engineering Sciences, Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences, Geological Sciences, Responsible Conduct of Research in the Sciences, School of Forest Resources & Conservation, School of Natural Resources & Environment, Soil & Water Science, Wildlife Ecology & Conservation
Selected Research Articles:
- Leonard, Michelle and Denise Beaubien Bennett. Responsible Conduct of Research Training, SPEC Kit 336. Washington DC: Association of Research Libraries, September 2013.
- Buhler, A.G., Leonard, M., Johnson, M., & Royster, M. "Using gaming technology to teach responsible conduct of research." Contributed paper for the meeting of the ASEE: American Society for Engineering Education. (Accepted)
- Leonard, M., Johnson, M., Buhler, A. & Royster, M. "Exploring gaming technology to influence ethical research." 38th International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC) Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, August 26-30, 2012. (in press).
- DeVane, B., Johnson, M., Leonard, M., & Buhler, A. "Frames at play: Situated engagement with research ethics games." Proceedings of AERA: American Educational Research Association. San Francisco, CA. 2013 (in press)
- DeVane, B., Johnson, M., Leonard, M., & Buhler, A. Designed controversies: Creating teachable moments about research ethics through games. Proceedings of Games, Learning, and Society 9.0, Madison, WI. 2013
- Leonard, M., Johnson, M., Buhler, A. & Royster, M. "Diving into the depths of research misconduct: exploring games-based learning in STEM education." Poster presented at the 38th International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC) Annual Conference, Anchorage, AK, August 26-30, 2012.
- "Recommended Practices for Physical Delivery." National Information Standards Organization (NISO) Physical Delivery Working Group, invited member. 2012. http://www.niso.org/workrooms/physdel/
- Leonard, M., Johnson, M., & Benson, D. "Results from the ACRL Scholarly Communications 101 RoadShow & Co-Lab Planning Session." Florida Libraries, v. 55 (2), 18-21. Fall 2012. http://www.flalib.org/fl_lib_journal/Fall2012.pdf
- Bennett, D.B., Leonard, Leonard, M. , & Wrublewski, D. "Comparing Engineering Departments across Institutions: Gathering Publication Impact Data in a Short Timeframe." Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, Winter 2012. DOI:10.5062/F42R3PMS
- Buhler, A., Leonard, M., Johnson, M., & DeVane, B. "Gaming Against Plagiarism: a partnership between the library and faculty." American Society for Engineering Education Proceedings. Vancouver, B.C. June 26-29, 2011.
- Leonard, M. F., Haas, S.C., & Kisling, V. "Metrics and science monograph collections at the Marston Science Library, University of Florida," 62, (Summer 2010). Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship. http://www.istl.org/10-summer/article1.html