Present: Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Everett Phillips, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Network Coordinator candidate - will make an offer to Mr. Chaney pending Personnel's reference checks.
- FCLA Orders - No more orders to go out until Betty Mitchell returns - after November 29.
- Eight Cows for Library Office have been received and are in the vault. ScanJet for them was received this morning.
- Dell laptop for Library Office is on order.
- The projector for the Library West Conference Room has been received - seems to be working well - is equipped with a remote mouse & laser pointer. Bill will install it this morning.
Software Projects Status
- Smathers network is to be reconfigured this weekend. NERDC won't work on some of our other problems until this is done (Resource Services has been having timeouts on the SNA terminals). NERDC will drop the network feed and the CISCO switch code will have to be reconfigured for Criser rather than CSE.
- Network Documentation - not much progress - West is complete, MSL is 50%, East is at about 30%, AFA & Music - not at all.
- Hilton is working on a LASSIE modification.
- Winston has been working with the Q&A database for Preservation. Erich has already done a lot of the design in Access, which should save Winston time.
- FCLA asked us to load an OCLC tape to NOTIS for them. NERDC converted the tape and Gerald Langford is working with Winston to load ONI.
- FCLA - barcode information from DB2 tables - not all there yet. It is currently necessary to enter the data repeatedly. Will try to link it to ATC information.
- Have been experiencing trouble getting the PerfectSizer upgraded for Delphi 5. Hilton did some research & found one that is less expensive & better performing - it's called ElasticForm & is already on order.
- The last database on Caroline belongs to Special Collections - Goza - a collection of old newspaper articles. Hilton is working to move it over to the SQL server.
- Some forms & mail are still located on Caroline. They need to be moved to another UNIX box, possibly SUNA. Some people are still logging on to Caroline - AIX - Suzy has given them plenty of warning about its demise.
- UNF queried straight to NERDC about accessing Compustat & CRSP tapes. Our collection is for UF access only - it is not under a SUS license. Make sure all requests for these tapes are UF patrons only. Refer any exceptions to Carolyn Allen if someone is really trying to pursue the issue.
- Thanksgiving Holiday - November 25 & 26.
- Bobbie out Monday, Nov. 29.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 22, 1999
by Debra Harris