Present: Rich Bennett, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Everett Phillips, Suzy Shaw, Hilton Soto, Ying Tang Announcements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Culligan H2O - internal confusion abounds within the company. They came to deliver water last Friday, but did not do so because we still had 3 bottles from the last delivery. The 'Culligan man' said he would send someone else to pick up the empties located in the Document Room.
- Chain mail letters continue. Do not reply via email that you want off the list - it will only propagate. Bill is forwarding these to a service that handles such problems. We don't have a real bounce, just a kill file.
- Had a problem over the weekend with the IMAP POP3 server housing the GatorLink Grove accounts. Mail clients were locked out on Sunday. There has been no official notice of its repair.
- Everett placed 2nd in his age group in a Biathlon this past weekend.
- Nine Cows have been ordered for Library Administration. Be on the lookout for the ritzy, Dimension series machine - it's for Dale.
- InterDev instructional videotapes were finally received.
Software Projects Status
- Liaisons meet this week - will instruct them on Office 2000 installation, providing we can get all the bugs worked out by then.
- Hilton and Suzy are familiarizing themselves with the InterDev videotapes.
- IRDB is complete to current specifications.
- Winston & Ying are working on the wiring database prototype. It may be a standalone project - not included in the inventory database.
- Business Services had high personal & professional praise for Hilton's work with their department.
- Bobbie Meng out Wednesday, October 6.
- Bill & Suzy will be out October 20-November 2.
- Everett will be out October 22-November 1.
- Homecoming Picnic - Friday, November 5.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 18, 2000
by Debra Harris