Present: Rich Bennett, Bill Covey, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Ying TangAnnouncements
- Analyst position - offer has been made, accepted. Hilton Soto - start date to be announced
- Net Coordinator - trying to pry resumes out of personnel at the Stadium
- Liaison training - doubled up on sessions on Friday, finished at 12:30
- Outage on Sunday - West, Education out. For information, should be interaction between us and CORE - call NERDC operations to page someone i.e. an engineer, no less than ½ hour - call Bill and he will get someone.
- Moving West to Criser router, another heads up - possible building outage when that occurs.
- Two hour blip on Library Web pages on Saturday. Bill took remote control of the server and got it back up. Bill just noticed it, no one called about it.
- Great Flap at LAC - forbade Systems to work on the machines, then posted to list that Systems couldn't fix them. Tom Caswell and Leilani were dispatched - machines were misconfigured, did some tests to eliminate LAC's suspicion of a switch problem. Tom & LeiLani will try to diagnose the problem.
- Student projects are finished
- IR - enhancements added, waiting on feedback from Bobbie
- Mellon2 changes being worked on
- OPS tracking reports - Ying is working on them
- SQL7 server is quiet - will leave it alone, need to check on order
- Application software - Premier package of Office 2000 - Microsoft refused to sell to us, but will sell us Professional which has everything but Front Page & Photo Editor. FrontPage kick is $28.00/license, whole Office package is about $48.00
- Students back next week
- Scott is the only one here and only in the PM
- Debra out this week
- Suzy out next week
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 18, 2000
by Debra Harris