Present: Brian Burton, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Everett Phillips, Suzy Shaw, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Brian Burton will be leaving Systems for a new job with Marion County. He is also pushing his karate activities further, helping to open a new DoJo in Dunnellon, Florida. A new search will begin for another Programmer upon Brian's departure at the end of next week.
- The search for a new Network Coordinator is in progress. This week we'll be interviewing a candidate who currently works at the University Police Department. He has a good deal of network experience, especially in Administration.
- Christian Conrad has left the building. We still need to get his Intellikey back. He currently resides in Tigert.
- Everett's soccer team tied with Orange Crush, 2 to 2.
- Travel money control will now be given to each department head. Bill proposes to use the $1000 allocated to Systems for certification testing: A+, Linux, Novell, MS & CISCO.
- Enrollment in on-campus computer classes can now be taken with a fee waiver. Schedules can be adjusted as necessary.
- Cow shipment arrived last week. Distribution list was issued this morning, they are ready to go. Will forward the list to Liaisons & Middle Managers. In order to pick up new machines, staff must return the old ones that are being replaced. They'll also need to verify that there is a Systems staff member available to open the vault door.
- Liaison Training will take place the week of Aug. 9 & again the week of Aug. 16.
- Everett & Bobbie need to attend separate sessions.
- Pre & post tests will be given. Only with extra study can certification be achieved.
Software Projects Status
- Phantom IPX problems - there have been problems with morning log-ons of public machines. Solution is to log on one at a time for now, until NERDC can rectify the problem.
- Novell log-in problems - Smathers needs to have the "not logged-in" cleared out daily. KillCon is not working properly.
- Documents desk wiring - need to check on it.
- Personnel - Evelyn's OPS database is not working properly. Winston notes that a modification he made is not working correctly.
- IR database needs input before it can move on.
- Winston is meeting with Alena on SQL Access.
- Trouble Ticket Viewer problems have been resolved. It is now ready for distribution.
- PPD deal is probably dead.
- Student upheaval - Brian Monk is no longer working for us. Leo is on probation. New student (a friend of Lindsay's) will be hired. Her name is Runa Diwadkar.
- Compustat - on hold pending Bill/Bevis connection.
- Rich out July 19-30.
- Debra out Aug. 16-20.
- Bill will soon be out for a week (at least) on a southeastern tour of University Systems departments.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 18, 2000
by Debra Harris