Present: Rich Bennett, Brian Burton, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Bobbie Parker, Suzy Shaw, Leota WhitfieldAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Phones - voice mail feature to be available soon. Barbara is negotiating with PPD. Useable feature synopsis: park (if line is NOT busy), camp (if line IS busy), messages -feature 1(to leave), feature 65#(to delete), feature 871-to transfer ringing to all phones, page 1-1 will get you the intercom for internal speakers.
- Pagers - Systems has received 5 pagers to be used by: Bobbie, Lee, Winston, Bill & pseudo Destry. The numbers are listed under the Systems folder on NT2. The numbers are to be used by Systems personnel only (Bill will give his number out for weekend/PM emergencies). These were purchased at a flat rate - personal use is fine. Leaves numeric messages only - leave the phone number & your extension.
- Lee has heard rumors that there are incoming printers & Cows on the loading dock this morning.
- One laptop for MSL was received.
- The modem was delivered to MSL - it is now in the conference room.
- Two low-end Toshiba laptops are on order for Special Collections.
Software Projects Status
- NT3 is back on line.
- Office ’97 is on NT2 for local installations. Liaisons are to keep track of the number of installations they make.
- Outlook ’98 will be the next step.
- We are removing any trace of AppleTalk cables. Will also be removing all Farallon hubs.
- West & Education are scheduled for the switching hub installation on May 19. The closet in West has been cleaned out by Lee & Bobbie & the hub will be housed there.
- Lee moved the Circulation SNA’s & printer on the Control Unit. Once the rest are done, we’ll be able to pull the Control Unit.
- Need to do wire abatement in West.
- As a result of the switch, IP’s and gateways in Education will need to be changed. West will only need to change gateways.
- If the IP block is stable, we’ll need to get Circulation access defined. Also need to find a scanner stand.
- If the switch experiment works properly, we will continue installing more - East the next week, then MSL. AFA & Music will come later - JM will be left as is.
- Mellon is finished - Winston has David’s final version.
- Sharon is still working on Personnel migration.
- OPS tracking is on hold.
- ILL will convert to their new invoicing system on June 5. Lending side only. Reporting will be done with CrystalReports.
- Brian is working on timer software for public work stations.
- Stephanie & Becky are the new students starting today - Jason will be returning.
- Scott will work today, he is still unsure of his schedule.
- Student schedules are posted on SELMA.
- Debra out May 15.
- Brian out May 21-22.
- Memorial Day observed May 25.
- Bobbie out June 8 - 19.
- Debra out half day June 16, all day June 17.
- Bill & Winston out June 15-24.
- Independence Day observed July 3.
- Debra out July 7 - 10.
- Bobbie out July 13 - 17
- Brian out July 16 & 17.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 7, 2000
by Debra Harris