Present: Brian Burton, Bill Covey, Debra Harris, Sharon Henry, Bobbie Parker, Suzy ShawAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Printing problems - Smathers NT2 box was moved to a new router port on Friday afternoon, but this morning it was discovered that AppleTalk is not defined - for some unknown reason - on that port. We have an emergency request in to NERDC to get AppleTalk up on that port.
- There is a limited availability of Exchange Mail due to a browser problem. Microsoft Explorer 4 can access email - if you go to the address: smathersNT2.uflib.ufl.edu/exchange, it will bring you to a yellow screen where you plug in your password - that leads to an Outlook type of screen. It will work for Macs, but not on Netscape or lower MSE versions.
- Data wiring of Systems is complete - digital phones should follow in the next few weeks.
- Still awaiting the major pile of cattle.
- No news on the licenses for Office’97. Should happen by next week.
Software Projects Status
- UFLIBS list is replicated on the Smathers server - currently it is in both places - should reach everyone now. Special handling in place for those not yet converted.
- Special Collections database to checkout from/track the collection - Brian is working on a Delphi application, the current one is on a Mac.
- Personnel - Sharon is making modifications to the OPS side. There is a problem with zeroing out records - the screen doesn’t pull it, but the printed report does.
- Debra received an email from Paul Zarins at Stanford University today, saying he had received the tape shipment. He has not yet received the invoice - Debra will check with Joan to verify that it has been sent.
- Destry & Lee out today.
- Winston out April 13 - 15.
- Rich out April 13 - 20.
- Brian out April 16 - 17.
- Suzy out April 17.
- Sharon out April 24 - 27.
- Memorial Day observed May 25.
- Bobbie out June 8 - 19.
- Independence Day observed July 3.
- Debra out July 7 - 10.
- Bobbie out July 13 - 17.
- Brian out July 16 & 17.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 7, 2000
by Debra Harris