Present: Rich Bennett, Bill Covey, Destry Fudge, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Sharon Henry, Bobbie Parker, Suzy Shaw, Leota WhitfieldAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Billís PC is still on the fritz - hence, no agenda.
- Jason Monahan departed last Wednesday, he will keep us apprised of his journeys. Denise Bennett has a line on a possible student replacement - if that doesnít work out, weíll conduct our own search.
- Intellikeys are being requested for our 4 entrances, we may end up with a reduced subset.
- Cage is still up in the outside hallway.
- Winston is Birthday Coordinator for this year - procedure will be that the last one to receive a birthday cake will make/bring the next personís cake. We will indulge on the Monday prior to the staff memberís birthday.
- Scanner in AFA - floppy drive has been replaced, but it still wonít work. Lee will test it out with a functional floppy to see if the problem could be a power supply. It is getting a zip drive device conflict.
- Mail problems - growing pains - staff need to be set up to post to lists.
- Printer for Judiaca - 6 MP -is logged in and ready to go.
- Maps printer is also ready to go.
- Property should be coming to survey equipment on Wednesday, February 11.
Software Projects Status
- Education - Gresh has finished with his part - we will need to drag a hub over there.
- SE Tower is finished to the patch panel. Destry has the majority of Special Collections hooked up, but some are still on the old wiring.
- North Tower & Conference Room - one jack is ready.
- Grand Reading Room - may be used for walk-ups, as public access is being discussed.
- Phones - sharing is off. Will be pulling one phone jack to each location - to "keep costs down". Any modification will end up costing all over again.
- Other Tower - missing some jacks to go out. Martha wants the 3rd floor Processing area in action by Feb. 15.
- MSL - held up - Bill picked up the plans for Swamp II from Barbara Oliver. Implementation is still a long ways off.
- CISCO switches still have not been delivered.
- Bill is checking into a Lanier networked copier/printer/scanner - capable of producing 40 pages per minute - for the Directors Office. Pricing currently unavailable. Question of power problem - John Humphrey is working on it.
- Brian Burton visited Winston, said he has handed in his letter of resignation to MSL - will tentatively appear in Systems around February 19.
- Sharon is working on the OPS transfer for Personnel. She will try to demo it for Melita this week so she can get some feedback.
- Winston is working on ILL.
- Winston will demo OPS tracking tomorrow in the East Conference Room at 9:30 AM.
- Patron has checked out an I/B/E/S tape - authorization came via email. Debra will keep hard & email copies for verification.
- Suzy returns for two weeks. Both Bill & Suzy will be out Feb.23 - March 9.
- Spring Break begins March 9.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 7, 2000
by Debra Harris