Present: Rich Bennett, Bill Covey, Destry Fudge, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Sharon Henry, Bobbie Parker, Suzy Shaw, Leota WhitfieldAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Library staff should be returning from ALA by Wednesday, January 14.
- Student Schedule - a gap still exists during the lunch hour, may ask Jason Monahan to come in during these hours, as he is here until February 12.
- Jason has been checking on incoming items that should be here but haven’t been located. Gresh has been looking for parts for Education.
- Parts to upgrade work stations - have received some, not all.
- MSL power outage - Lee brought everything up OK on Sunday - lost only two Telex terminals. The NT5 stayed down until staff brought it up today. Pat Haskins had a printer problem, which required a recycle of the ASANTE print box.
- Taking attendance has increased the number of attendees.
- Vast numbers of them have converted their email - storage on the server is picking up 2 to 3 M per day.
Software Projects Status
- Jason is checking on the switches - probably somewhere between us and CISCO.
- CORE remains the same - 2 rings.
- Student housing will supply a network connection for every pillow - mandatory. Will have a $1.2 million budget - looking at 3COM & CISCO.
- New network work station software not yet received.
- New wiring in LAC - in two weeks.
- Gresh is working on Education.
- Systems wiring on hold.
- OPS tracking - list of sample functions given to Winston this morning - will want to integrate with Personnel files.
- Invoices delivered to Accounting by Winston this morning. He will deliver the server version to them by tomorrow.
- On hold for more electric & phone installation.
- Sharon points out that the sign on the outside of the back stairwell says, ‘Stairwell #8’, but the sign on the inside says, ‘Stairwell #7’.
- Need confirmation on the working of the electromagnetic locks on the outside doors.
- New circuits in the server room - with an accessible breaker may be installed - will cost extra.
- Closure on the back and south side doors is not working properly.
- The caged area hallway should be cleared out sometime this week.
- Student lockers need to be re-keyed.
- Winston out this afternoon.
- Destry back from ALA on Tuesday, Rich on Wednesday.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - Monday, Jan. 19.
- Bill out January 29.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 7, 2000
by Debra Harris