Present: Rich Bennett, Bill Covey, Destry Fudge, Debra Harris, Winston Harris, Sharon Henry, Bobbie Parker, Suzy Shaw, Leota WhitfieldAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Several CD titles will be removed from the tower due to license cancellation. Patrons will now need to use First Search or Cambridge - Agricola is available through both. Neither search will be as fast as using the tower - any patrons expressing concern may do so through Sam Gowan. IFAS will most likely call about this, they use DOS to access CDís and are unable to go out on the Net. We may be asked for the new volume name for Agricola, but they will need to be told it is no longer available. As a last resort, patrons may go from WEBLUIS to Cambridge or First Search from a LUIS terminal.
- Tom Cetwinski is the new interim Facilities Officer. They are desperately trying to fill that position.
- Students should be returning this week, there is a hole in the current schedule at the lunch time hour (12:45-1:45) - may try to find a work study person to fill this gap if student schedules donít change.
- ALA begins this Friday, Jan. 9.
- Jason Monahanís last day will probably be around Jan.28.
- The modular offices are going up in room 10. There should be a door installed between Preservation & Systems. There are some parts missing, so the date of completion is unknown.
- Security issues - locking Systems doors. We need a controlled entranceway. We are scheduled to have Intellikeys.
- Russ received 20 Cows around December 24 - he did not inform anyone - and put them in the lounge. Betty got the invoice, but did not know that the machines were here. LAC has an urgent need for their seven Cows. No allocation list has been issued yet, but LAC should get theirs first.
- Have not met in 2 weeks, must be getting anxious.
Software Projects Status
- No CORE update.
- Switch purchase got bounced - it will be resubmitted. We will be getting the deluxe version. CISCO can deliver in 2-3 weeks, should receive it by the middle of next month. NERDC will need to have ports ready.
- Within 60 days of receipt of the shipment, the routers will have to be shipped back - 4 replacements on the routers.
- Currently, IBM is shipping the CD with new software for the network stations.
- IBM has pulled out of COMDEX.
- Phase 1 of Special Collections is complete. There is not, however, any feed available into Systems. If necessary, Destry can string a wire.
- Accounting - Veronica has been out of work the whole month of December - on medical leave. January invoices canít be done until she returns & processes the backed-up data entry. After invoicing is complete, Accounting will be down for one week then back up on the SQL server.
- Sharon Henry is working on the Personnel conversion.
- ALA: Rich out Jan. 9 - Jan. 13
- ALA: Destry out Jan.8 - Jan.12.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Jan. 19.
- Bill out Jan.29.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 7, 2000
by Debra Harris