- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan Wack
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012
Guest: Rachel Schipper
Ongoing IT Updates
- Discussion on the CIO's "State of UF IT" presentation. Main topics included: culture change, elimination of silos and delivery of service.
- Staff migration - left to do: conference rooms, laptops, clean up for folks that slipped through the cracks, and DLC.
- VDI - thin clients have arrived. Citrix training - this Thursday (Evan & Trish). Will be installed on the tables in front of West IT Shop room 317. PC cages will be removed from this area only.
- Trish is working on a 64bit general staff image. A 64bit image for DLC is also underway.
- Interim Storage - lease signed, one of the two buildings is now available. Meeting today at 3PM.
- Netbook logon times improved. MSL complete. Scheduling of West in process.
- New microphone to test in Room 1A is being delivered.
- Altiris and EPO migration on hold, awaiting migration completion.
- Kuali OLE - presentation to CSUL: Friday. May 25, 4PM.
- JT> - on hold as Chris works on the Patron Update switch.
- Patron Update switch to Enterprise Systems data warehouse - ran into disk space issues on the SQL server. Will try again this week. Meeting scheduled this Thursday before the switch is flipped in June. Of course, unless there are a lot of complaints, in which case the switch could be delayed.
- ASERL COE database - Cheryl (ASERL) and Winston are coordinating a LibGuide for it. Tom is working on the final testing; should be done in a week or two. Changes in the Disposition database will be next for Tom.
- Registration application - text changes complete. Approvers added. Training discussed.
- Hathi Trust Exporter - hit a snag sending the SQL statement to the Access database.
- Macros - one for Doug Smith. Changes on one for Christy Shorey.
- ARES 4 issues - Michael is working with Paul McDonough.
- Migration of licensed databases to Shibboleth access - EZ Proxy issue is complicated.
Web & Digital
- Lenel Security Server - waiting for CNS to migrate it to vSphere 5 infrastructure, and then we will add it to the virtual server.
- VMware licensing? Does it need to be updated? Amy will check on it.
- CCLA access issues in Library West Circulation - unable to connect. Routing issue with CCLA?
- Wireless AP in Special Collections - per CNS, equipment no longer required.
- DNS issues - perhaps due to WINS configuration? Will turn off WINS on Wednesday morning to see if it resolves the issue.
- No one from the Web Unit was present for this meeting.