- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 15, 2012
May 15, 2012
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Gus Clifton, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan
Ongoing IT Updates
- Fiscal Year-End deadlines reviewed.
- Staff migration - GovDocs, MSL and Preservation completed. Administration scheduled for this Thursday. DLC will be last, followed by clean-up: conference rooms, laptops and GIS servers.
- DLC 64bit testing underway.
- Application streaming - Greenshot and Jing added.
- VDI - thin clients shipped. Citrix training to be scheduled. No response on time and date. Patrick would like the test machines installed on the tables in front of the IT shop in West. PC cages to be removed from that area only.
- Maintenance windows active again and updates to resume this weekend.
- Working on creation of 64bit general staff image.
- Interim storage - lease signed, one of the two buildings is now available.
- Netbook log-on times successful, scheduling installation with West and MSL.
- Altiris and EPO server migrations awaiting migration completion.
- Kuali OLE - transition to new project manager just announced. She is from the UC Davis campus. Specs have been pushed to developers.
- JTGT - web meeting with ASERL - we took away some action items for them. Met with Admin to discuss. It is advised that we pay attention to ASERL needs.
- ASERL COE database - Tom continues to work on user feedback modifications.
- Disposition - changes for new matching logic complete.
- Patron Update switch to Enterprise Systems data warehouse - in progress of this weekend.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - completed. It is now working from the new server.
- Hathi Trust Exporter - MJ working on second version.
- Macros - one for Christy Shorey in Preservation.
- Registration Application - text changes requested - Isabel Silver - need more information.
Web & Digital
- Lenel security server - difficulties. Storage is virtual storage. We are required to delete the virtual storage and add it to VM. Logan is working on it.
- CIRC access issues - in Preservation, after migration: it won't pull public IPs. It might be an issue with the switch configuration. Ticket logged in with CNS. West Circulation - can't access CCLA.
- Wireless AP in Special Collections - CNS wireless team evaluated the new setup. They need to upgrade the cables and equipment after the wall removal. Who will pay? Big cabling mess left by the contractors who tore down the wall.
- DNS issues - has been ongoing and is now even more of an issue following migration. Tickets created with CNS.
- Panama Canal Museum - migration pending. All content to move by July 1st.
- Webmaster contact form - Gus to work on next.
- CMS - Mark working up a mini-grant for it.
- LAC/ALF - on hold.
- Retrospective Dissertation Scanning Project - close to finished.
- C#/ASP.NET "port" of Djatoka - Djatoka.NET - on hold.
- SobekCM Web Update - on hold.
- Recent updates - SobekCM Usage Statistics Reader, METS Editor and MARC library.