- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
March 27, 2012
March 27, 2012
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Mark Sullivan
Ongoing IT Updates
- Logan is technically here through Thursday. We have a training session scheduled with him tomorrow. Will hold off on deleting his permissions until he finishes up some remaining projects. No word on filling his position (or Shruti's or Web's) yet.
- IT Update - scheduled for next Wednesday, April 4. Nothing pressing to report; will probably cancel.
- ALF 620 replacement complete.
- Maps and Cataloging area of ALF to be scheduled next.
- Public computers - techs report increasing incidents of physical damage to equipment. They feel the cages are inefficient.
- VDI Project - nothing new. Will contacted the CIO, but has had no response. Judy has offered to contact him.
- Software - .NET framework issues resolved. Adobe Reader X - now compatible with the Library catalog. Symantec is working on the Acrobat packaging challenges. It conflicts when used in junction with Contribute.
- Kuali OLE - no updates.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - one more Monday meeting with Cathy to hash out requirements. The goal is to have a complete list of requirements to Judy by April 1st.
- ASERL Gap Analysis - mods to admin tool are complete. Will start to work on User Feedback mods. Tomorrow - announcement to the ASERL steering committee.
- Patron Updates - Chris just needs time to work on the switch to new data sources.
- Macros - new one from Doug Smith. Couple more upcoming.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - Paul McDonough is coming over for a meeting on Friday.
- Broadcast to Public Computers tool - awaiting approval from Evan.
- Hathi Trust Library - Michael will be working on it.
Web & Digital
- Voicemail to email issues - there are a few tickets reporting problems.
- Terminal Services licenses for multiple remote Altiris sessions - Amy got a quote; she will add it to the ticket for purchase.
- Windows GIT server requested for Mark Sullivan.
- Web: Panama Canal Museum - need to migrate from the proprietary GIS to here. Online store - we will not include. CMS - on hold. Contribute keys - ongoing.
- DLC: Retrospective Dissertation Scanning Project - is coming along. It is a standalone database. C#/ASP.NET "port" of Djatoka to Djatoka .NET - pulling records for better searching.
- Newspaper searching and serial hierarchy problems (UFDC) - ongoing.
- UFDC to move off of CNS virtual servers and onto FCLA boxes. Once everything has been migrated, we'll turn ours off. This will save money.