- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
January 17, 2012
January 17, 2012
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel Schipper
Ongoing IT Updates
- Amy is a grandmother again.
- Web Developer position closes in two days.
- Wireless allowance - January payment delayed unril February. Non-taxable. Will receive two payments in February.
- Review of Staff Meeting Minutes - SharePoint link to minutes to be sent out weekly.
- App streaming - Adobe packaging challenges. Not functional for non-admins. Working on a fix. GIMP is packaged and in testing.
- Migration - West laptop cart deployed. Waiting on barcoding from Circ. MSL cart delivered today, waiting on port activation from CNS and imaging. Completing migration reports for all departments.
- AV - 2 new group study displays in MSL, AVI walkthrough next Friday. New Microphones 1A - rechargeable.
- VDI Project - Beginning of February is the target for deployment. Meeting scheduled next week with AT to go over GPO's. Quotes for thin clients sent to Mark McAlister.
- 24/5 Library West - Recreating maintenance windows for Sunday 12am - 6am. Smart Control Training upcoming for the Hardware Unit.
- Kuali OLE - new Systems Analyst role created. They are getting the description out for it. It requires more understanding of Rice middleware, and more training and travel.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - meeting with Diane Bruxvoort, Lois and Judy to finalize the requirements.
- ASERL Gap Analysis - Tom is making good progress. Trying to figure out how the SQL server packages - code from Lyricist - works.
- Circulation switch to "Library Guest" accounts - on hold.
- Macros - few outstanding problems.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - Michael emailed Chris Youngblood, asking for the 4x4 for Gatorlink mapping.
- Broadcast to Public Computers tool - making progress.
- Document Disposition DB sorting problem - call from Kentucky identifying the issue. Winston is working on it.
Web & Digital
- VDI testing - Testing will begin in 3-4 weeks and last through the end of the semester. 20 total VMs of each type will be used.
- New server for security cameras is in process.
- SharePoint - training next month.
- ILS - back to normal. Cynthia found a work around for last week's issue.
- Web server upgrade almost complete.
- Contribute - on hold - can't stream until the URL swings.
- ALADN - need to make simple instructions on how to join the listserv.
- On hold: LAC website update, Panama Canal Museum - Wall of Honor migration (March 1st), ALF/Storage(Cathy), and Records Management migration.
- DLC - FCLA committee to decide if they will implement SobekCM next week. New version of open-source SobekCM Web App being released.
- DLC-to-Hathi Trust format and workflow tools (on hold).