- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
January 3, 2012
January 3, 2012
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel Schipper
Ongoing IT Updates
- Egolf Collection Exhibit Reception - Sunday, Jan 8 3-5PM Grand Reading Room.
- Web Developer position closing January 9.
- Professional development conversation with Rachel Schipper - to be scheduled soon. 15-20 minute individual meetings.
- Budget Review - 57 page document available here: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/l/IR00000719/00001
- Shruti is officially gone.
- App Streaming - packaging Adobe X, Captivate & Contribute.
- West laptop cart - waiting for CNS to configure the switch.
- MSL laptop cart - switch order in progress.
- Migration - completing migration reports for all departments.
- VDI - discussing next step in pilot with AT.
- PGP - sticking with BitLocker.
- 24/5 Library West starts next Monday. Maintenance window to switch to Saturday night.
- Kuali OLE - Chris Case is out this week. Did not meet over break. Meeting scheduled at the end of February.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - Chris Nicolich is working on it. First phase is done. When Chris returns, he will start on phase two.
- ASERL Gap Analysis - Shruti passed on all info to Tom and Winston.
- Circulation switch to "Library Guest" accounts - still have an issue with PeopleSoft populating the correct group in AD.
- Macros - handful active.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - Paul McDonough wants to retain old account info - working on it.
- Broadcast to Public Computers tool - looking into making it standalone.
- Create Shib wrapper around an HSCL eBook - done.
Web & Digital
- VDI - need to test now that hardware is in place.
- New web infrastructure has been set up and is in place.
- Budget for new server for security cameras in East and West has been approved.
- ILS - no news.
- VIVO - no longer our responsibility.
- ALF/Storage website update (in process)
- LAC website update (beginning)
- IIS/Web folders cleanup (in process) - Web server upgrade/reconfiguration.
- Records Management migration
- Panama Canal Museum - wall of honor migration (on hold)
- DLC Projects - FCLA implementation of SobekCM
- New version of open-source SobekCM METS Editor released
- New version of open-source SobekCM Web App being released
- DLC-to-Hathi Trust format and workflow tools (on hold)