- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
December 13, 2011
December 13, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan Wack
Ongoing IT Updates
- Web Developer position to be posted soon.
- Professional Development conversation for all TSS employees to be scheduled in January and February with Rachel Schipper. Prep work required: must fill out Excel form she sent via email.
- App Streaming - packaging Adobe X, Captivate & Contribute. ARES won't work in streaming.
- Migration - will start on Acq & Licensing student machines tonight. Techs will do staff machines on Thursday. Discussion on .pst backup.
- CNS is configuring the West switch today.
- New MSL switch is on the way.
- AV - no movement on the two new study displays in MSL.
- VDI Project - discussing next step in the pilot with Academic Technology.
- Donna Wrublewski asked for changes to the MSL classroom image - adding EndNoteand some other cosmetic changes. Answer is no.
- PGP - takes way to long; we will stick with Bit Locker.
- Broadcasting request for Stacey Ewing - close to finished.
- Kuali OLE - Chris met with the Enterprise folks on campus to discuss OLE requirements. Will follow up with them next week. Meeting with Judy to discuss OLE release project.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - Chris has the bulk importer finished. Working on editing the page.
- Patron Update changes - Chris had to rearrange the affiliation for OPS staff. Changes made, will test tonight.
- Library Guest Account - error getting info populated into UFAD. Don't have a group to exclude yet.
- Macros - 2 for Circulation.
- ARES-Sakai - Michael spoke with Scott at Atlas. He has done the configuration. Once it's authenticated by Shibboleth, it will let you right into ARES. Need to be able to use Gatorlink, not UFID.
- Broadcast tool - works in testing. Michael will work with Mark on the display.
- HSCL - need to create a Shibboleth wrapper around a HSCL eBook.
- Need to create a Grover training module for new hires.
- VSI Testing - Access has been granted to physical blade in CNS test lab. Awaiting ACLs and new VLAN. Evan got pricing on clients from Dell. HP think client presentation scheduled.
- ALADN is basically done. Just need webpage changes. Arizona needs to de-list their site so UF is at the top of Google searches.
- Oracle Enterprise database - free for use by UF departments.
- ILS - Still stuck on the Monograph Replacement Report.
- Mark Sullivan is out sick.