- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
November 29, 2011
November 29, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Ongoing IT Updates
- Review/discussion of document regarding Shared Services Assessment Consulting. UF plans on merging IT services in the future. IFAS and Shands are exempt.
- Printing is moving towards a campus solution.
- App Streaming - waiting on Adobe licenses. Packaging ARES and Smart Board software. ILLIAD is in testing.
- Migration - West Circulation scheduled for next week.
- Switch ordered for MSL cart. Still waiting to receive the cart from Dell. MSL battery charger has an issue. Discussion of the intended arrangement of the laptop cart in MSL.
- AV - two new group study displays in MSL. 1A - meeting with Mark McAlister about the media site set up. Preliminary work on possible new study rooms (3) in Education.
- VDI Project - thin client test complete. Time saving is marginal between clients. Awaiting pricing.
- MSL Network change - CNS is replacing the BPOP to correct a multitude of networking issues.
- Staff printing - working on securing printing to network printers.
- PGP - Testing laptops and USB drives. It takes a while to install. Need to test encryption of flash drives. Can always use BitLocker.
- DLC Kirtas OCR - got the company to log in and do the install, and then they said we need to renew their maintenance agreement. At least the problem has been fixed.
- West public computer moves - Stacey has requested we remove the computers from the Dennys booths as patrons mostly use their laptops in that space. Evan is negotiating to move them to the where the DVD booths are and installing Blueray.
- Way-Finding system is dead.
- Kuali OLE - Chris Case is back from Kuali Days. First, limited edition of Kuali has been released. New version of Rice 2.0 introduced. Next release scheduled for March - should have more functionality.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - Chris Nicolich is working on Phase 1 - data loading.
- ASERL Gap Analysis - Shruti imparting knowledge to Tom Bielicke.
- Circulation switch to "Library Guest" accounts - Bridges to implement their part this week. Monday Winston can start assigning roles. Need to modify group policy on the auto group.
- Macros - three finished.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - slow, no change.
- Broadcast to public computers tool - Michael will be looking into it.
- Rachel requested a Grover queue for Conservation (Preservation).
- Media server - just getting started.
- New departmental VPN - finally working. Once it's usable, instructions will be sent out.
- ALADN - moving it here on Thursday. Traffic will be redirected to us. Posts will come to our listserv.
- Security Camera project in East - meeting with Jeff Lajza and PPD tomorrow.
- 1A network closet - wireless access point - 2 more lines became active. 4 lines need to be moved if we want to close out the closet. Need to get a quote for the cost of the move.
- ILS - Cynthia has been working on a report that Jason Fleming created - Monograph Replacement Report. Working with FCLA.
- MSL - BPOP to be fixed at 7AM tomorrow.
- Judaica website updates completed.
- Collaborating with Strangers website updates completed.
- ALADN website migration completed, pending listserv move.
- ALF/Storage website update - in process.
- LAC website update - in process.
- IIS/Web folders cleanup - in process. Web server upgrade/reconfiguration.
- Records management migration.
- Panama Canal Museum - wall of honor migration (on hold).
- FDA de-duplication effort completed.
- FCLA implementation of SobekCM
- UFDC/Sobek web application update - in process.
- DLC-to-Hathi Trust format and workflow tools on hold.
- Click Once application deployment.
- Web & Digital Unit email address created: WebDigital@uflib.ufl.edu
- Three positions to be posted for this unit.