- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
November 15, 2011
November 15, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Ongoing IT Updates
- Open Enrollment Nov 7-18.
- Judith Roberts orientation on Nov. 17. Will be discussing training needs and introducing her to the department.
- Digital Development Unit - created Nov 11, 2011. Mark Sullivan will supervise/manage. We will post and interview for the following positions: one Digital Services Programmer, one Web Designer and one Web Programmer. New IT Org Chart reviewed.
- Shruti's husband accepted a job in Boston and she will be moving at the end of December.
- App Streaming - waiting on Software Licensing Services to process the Adobe order.
- Migration - West Circulation tentative for next week. New switches to be ordered for Netbook carts.
- AV - Room 1A rack is complete. AVI meeting scheduled to discuss new equipment purchase.
- VDI Project - thin client testing to start tomorrow.
- Imaging - reboot testing complete. We cannot reproduce the time lag reported by the Librarians.
- Smart Control - NIC issues fixed by Chris' software. It runs as a task.
- Privilege Authority - working on policies.
- Netbooks - log on takes 4 minutes.
- New WLAN tested and working. Deploying to MSL.
- Printing changes - 64 bit drive for public. Code for staff departmental printers.
- Josh started PGP testing.
- Evan is researching the Way-Finding system.
- Jeff Lazja/Rob Roberts email problem resolved. The issue was a setting in Rob's email, not Jeff's.
- Kuali OLE - Chris and Rachel are attending Kuale Days.
- DLC-UFDC/Sobek - meeting with the Deans to discuss FCLA.
- Film Tracker - back burner.
- ASERL Gap Analysis - Shruti is now familiarizing Tom with this project.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracker - Chris and Winston are working on it.
- Macros - midway through three.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - ongoing.
- Graham papers data conversion - Winston.
- Circulation switch to "Library Guest" accounts - Winston to meet with Circ folks to discuss the issue.
- Stacey Ewing requested a tool to broadcast messages to the public machines.
- Media server configuration is now an active project. It will be used to encode videos. It should be ready in a few more weeks.
- New departmental VPN rolled out. Testing - not in place yet.
- ESX test server - CNS to host. No charge if attached to Elias' unit.
- ALADN - need to move on it this week.
- Lynda.com - check it out for training. Access the site through: http/it.ufl.edu/training.
- New Red Hat web app server - will host Wordpress and other projects.