- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
November 1, 2011
November 1, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Debra Fetzer, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Ongoing IT Updates
- Monthly IT update - cancelled due to Smathers 1A room maintenance.
- Open Enrollment - ongoing, November 7-18.
- Funding requests for MSL netbooks approved.
- November 17, Judith Roberts will be out to ECOB IT to discuss the training needs of and to get familiar with our department.
- New campus web site is up, highlighting the redesign of the UF web page: http://www.ufl.edu/redesign/
- App Streaming - testing DLC software; working great. We're also testing Cataloging software.
- Migration - new cart delivered for West netbooks. Under configuration. UAC turned off on all staff machines. West Circulation, Cataloging and Administration are next on the migration list.
- 1A refresh - wall behind the podium is totally gutted.
- VIVO equipment - to be reallocated.
- VDI Project - thin clients set up in ECOB and West for testing. Issue with log on time.
- Images - removing language packs from all public images. Adding .Net framework to staff image. Reboot testing ongoing.
- Smart Control - MSL laptop, West netbook issues - gets two Mac addresses, wired network cannot turn off. Run as service?
- Privilege Authority - testing.
- Document disposition database - new requirements from Judy Russell - should take about two weeks.
- Netbook NIC enabler - Chris is working on it.
- DLC - working with FCLA.
- Film Tracker - will be a replacement for two old systems. The second portion of it will go to Shruti.
- Storage Gap Tracker - working on requirements and database design.
- ARL Stats - done.
- ARES-Sakai authentication - Michael Jay is working on it.
- People Counter - installation almost done.
- New server for OLE project: kole.uflib.ufl.edu. It is up and running.
- New departmental VPN will be deployed for Library IT use. All server access will be shifted to require the departmental VPN.
- VDI/VMware pilot project - configured test linked clone pool last week.
- ALADN website/list move - still in progress.
- Local GitHub install for code management: gaiman.uflib.ufl.edu - configuring it now.
- Blogs moved to new server.
- Red Hat servers now being deployed as preferred distro for all Library Linux servers. All patch management now done remotely through satellite server at CNS.