- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
October 11, 2011
October 11, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Please get your orders for tomorrow's luncheon for Matthew's farewell in to Tom ASAP.
- Campus - cab - please track if and when you use it and send information to Cathy Martyniak.
- Remedy Ticketing System - should be ready in the Fall.
- CNS - staff changes: Lewis - UFAD ex-admin is going to Microsoft, Eric Smith is also leaving (SharePoint).
- New UF web page to be released soon. New templates will be forthcoming.
- VOIP changes on phones - voicemail to email will start to roll out to departments.
- Request for Morae software on MSL machine - copies available from Tom and Matthew's machines. Also, need to remove all hardware from Smathers 419 once Matthew has vacated.
- Matthew has accepted a position with HSCL, his last day with us is Thursday. Tom Minton has announced his retirement, last day is October 26.
- App streaming - will be purchasing concurrent licenses for Acrobat X and Captivate. We're putting out feelers for Dreamweaver and Contribute streaming. We've been letting folks know that we'll be taking back standalone software once we institute software streaming.
- Migration - HR, Fiscal Services and Access Services this week.
- West netbooks - overheating issues with cart. No ventilation, too hot to handle. Dell is going to look at a docking solution.
- AV - MSL 208 - complete.
- Meeting with the deans to go over digital signage for the Libraries.
- VDI Project - WYSE thin clients are here, Dells should be arriving this week. Gold image complete.
- Revisiting the public image - had a request to strip out the language packs. Evan will speak to Branch Chairs on this issue. MSL 308 wants the public image off the instructor's station; say they have to set up SmartBoard every time. Evan will investigate.
- MSL laptop hacking - protection being taken down. Diagnostics run, Centurion confirmed we have a hacker. They gave us some ideas on how to prevent this from recurring.
- Wake on LAN working with Altiris. Will be enabling it during migration. Public will be done next time we go through.
- Kase - project for Elias to set up University-wide inventory. Installed, but now there is a new agent. We just added it to policy today.
- 1A rack - Facilities just signed the statement of work.
- Waiting on MSL 107 audio codec.
- Document disposition database - ongoing.
- OCR Automator fix - for DLC - Tom Bielicke is working on it.
- DLC-UFDC/Sobek - ongoing.
- Film Tracker - Chris is working on the design.
- Storage Gap Tracker - still waiting on requirements. Once decisions are made, this project will supersede Film Tracker.
- Macros - none active.
- ARL Stats - Tom and Michael are working on it.
- ASERL - Shruti is waiting on the code.
- DLC-to-Hathi Trust - we may have avoided having to do it.
- Shibboleth to connect ARES with Sakai. Will be resubmitted in ticket form. Coordinating between Bridges and Atlas.
- Michael to help Evan with configuring macros into image.
- Kuale OLE - need server.
- HR candidate assessment folder - not doing it in SharePoint. Created protected web folder.
- Wireless in East - installation to start this week: old Systems area, Bookstore, East conference room and 1A.
- Wireless in West - problems reported last week with dropped connections and poor signal. CNS has upgraded all access points. Service being monitored.
- ILS - all good.
- VDI - good to go. Awaiting official project plan.
- RDP port blocking at perimeter firewall was requested by CNS. This policy is now in place.
- Interactive Special Borrowers form is done.
- FDLP logo - done on the homepage and in Docs.
- Multi-university survey - lots of problems. Leilani and Michele will need to merge the results.
- New FEFDL site and templates will now be handled by Joe Aufmuth.
- Staff Directory now contains a phone number for a "team" - the StoDocs Team out at ALF.