- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117000
Gainesville, FL 32611-7000
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
September 27, 2011
September 27, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Amy Polk and Tom Bielicke both received their 5-year service pins.
- Open Enrollment - State-sponsored plans: Nov. 7-18. UF-sponsored plans: Oct. 7-Nov.18. Mail prescriptions switching from Caremark to Medco.
- Judy will be hosting a holiday party at her house in December. All staff invited.
- App Streaming - Logan spun up 3 new servers at CNS. Currently installing.
- Migration - West netbooks: troubleshooting communication issues. Journalism migrated yesterday. Facilities, Music and ALF scheduled this week.
- AV - MSL107 camera moved, waiting on codec to fix audio control. 1A - new rack wiring quote submitted. MSL208 - installation scheduled for next week. Meeting with deans to go over digital signage - Judy is still interested.
- VDI Project - WYSE thin clients are here. Still waiting on the Dells. Working on gold image for thin client tests.
- Reconfiguration of Hardware Unit duties - Josh will eventually be moving to ECOB, so his current duties are shifting: Laurie will be taking over printing and Mike will be handling the day-to-day ticket dispersion, in addition to AV. Josh will be training them over the next few months. Once he moves to ECOB he will be working on Altiris and group policy. Will be physically located in the ECOB IT Shop.
- Document disposition database - finishing up a few things for post-phase II. Should be done in a week or two.
- Kuale OLE - going over their delivery sub-system. Sent off for comment. Meeting with Scope team this week. Working on November release of software.
- DLC - UFDC/Sobek - Sobek is running at FCLA. Mark is working on a simpler version. Also adding EAD support for the DLC website. Getting the djatoka JPEG viewer going. Kirtas OCR software - waiting on the company to provide the activation codes.
- Hathi Trust - access through Shibboleth is now working. Made changes to prevent personal info sharing.
- Film Tracker & Storage Gap Tracker - two projects for Cathy Martyniak. Trying to figure out which one has priority. Working on requirements. Had conference call with the Storage Task Force. Per Rachel, Storage Gap Tracker has more priority.
- ARL Stats - Steve Carrico got the list of reporters in place.
- ASERL Gap Analysis Tool - signed off, ready to go. Waiting for them to send existing code & database.
- DLC-to-Hathi Trust format and workflow tools - we are at the phase of seeing how long it will take to spec out.
- DHCP issues resolved. Library West moved to DHCP last Friday with no issues reported.
- Wireless coverage in East - can be covered by CNS budget, but there is no timeline as to when it can be done. It can be done now, if the Library covers the costs. Rachel would like an estimate/quote ASAP.
- VIVO - Gone? Administrative duties handed over to CTRIP. Funding to be switched to their lines. Talk to Grace about it. She says they still haven't paid the bill from last year. Please email all details to Rachel and she will forward it on to Judy. Not all of the VIVO equipment has been returned. Still need two E6400 laptops and HSCL items turned in to IT.
- ILS - query Cynthia ran this morning failed. She is running it again at this time.
- VDI/VMware pilot project - basic configuration is working. Logan has it running his desktop virtually. Waiting for Dells to arrive. Streaming video not working all that well.
- RDP port blocking at perimeter firewall requested from CNS.
- HR - Promotion & Tenure Sharepoint site - PDF access is very slow. We can submit a ticket to Bridges, but if this needs to be rectified fast, we will need to find another way to do it. Will do it the old way with password-protected folders on the server. Let Bonnie Smith know.
- Interactive special borrowers form is up.
- Adding FDLP log and statutory language for Document Disposition web page.
- Working on multi-university survey on library usability for Leilani Freund and Michelle Crump.
- FEFDL site - redesign postponed until next year.