- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
August 23, 2011
August 23, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Discussion of the recent HRS email regarding revisions to the 3% raises and leave changes.
- Library Council notes: The Eclipse building on Waldo Road has been okayed as an interim storage facility. 5-year lease, other folks to occupy the building, sharing the expense. There will be a test of 24-5 hours in Library West, funded by Student Government. No news on the AFA/Music move. VIVO - Judy has declined to assume it, Conlon will offer a counter proposal. Discussion of more faculty participation in Convocation and parties.
- TSS notes: SharePoint training - requests for training to be submitted via Grover. TSS site to be created with links to departmental sites within TSS. TSS to determine what information that should be considered for the Web vs. SharePoint sites. Pest Control - EHS (http://www.ehs.ufl.edu/Pest/default.asp) has requested that anyone spotting pest call them directly to report it, they do not want calls to go through Facilities. (352) 392-1904). Staff members reporting pest should request a follow up once action has been taken. TSS Annual Meeting - guest speaker - looking for recommendations from the staff on speakers and topics for next year's annual meeting. Emergency Planning - new updated emergency contact cards being created to be distributed soon. LBEC's (Library Building Emergency Coordinators) to meet and review procedures. Out of town travel with UF Vehicles - emergency maintenance will be reimbursed; driver must cover initial expenses and then submit receipts for reimbursement. Must be self-insured by the state of Florida. Library wide discretionary funds - $20,000 available to TSS (looking for suggestions). Approximately $50,000 available from fines and fees. Templates for requesting funds emailed by Rachel 8/18/2011.
- PXE issues in MSL. 6 images failed last night.
- App streaming - waiting on open systems LSAP integration.
- Public print server changes for laptop printing were flipped last week. Everything went fine. Josh is writing up instructions to be put up on the web for public laptop printing.
- MSL laptops to be imaged this week.
- Staff image under revision - removing ALEPH 19.
- MSL107 - vendor making room adjustments. Camera was mounted too low.
- ECOB audio problems fixed.
- 1A equipment security - back wall cabinet and shelving to be redone.
- MSL208 - distance education conference room - Evan is working on equipment order.
- OCLC upgrade to 2.3 requested for all in Cataloging by Betsy Simpson. Evan pushed it to Greg Allen, he is testing. If all goes well, will push to the department.
- Patron update issue - Chrissy Cogar sent Chris a list of people not updated in ALEPH. They did not have address info in the PeopleSoft Directory. No changes made at this point in time.
- Issue with CARS - employees could not register due to Shibboleth. Chris relaxed the rules.
- Document disposition database - large demo scheduled for 9/1/11. Tom is working on administrative tool changes.
- Kuali OLE - Chris Case is the VIVO conference until August 29.
- DLC - released all as open source this week. More time needed for state-wide decision.
- Hathi Trust - still awaiting word.
- Library Hours - Shruti is just about done. She is now working 6 hours per day.
- Film Tracker and Storage Gap Tracker - Chris is working on database design.
- Macros - one done, three awaiting input.
- ARL Stats - mods ongoing; HSCL/Law version awaiting user input.
- DR plan review - in progress.
- VIVO - on hold.
- ILS - reporting has kicked back into gear. Matthew meeting with Chris Case on Metredoc.
- People Counter - no news.
- Meeting tomorrow about FEFDL site. Have given them four designs.
- Access to JSTOR from alumni added.
- Lots of surveys requested.