- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
August 16, 2011
August 16, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Convocation - this Thursday, August 18. Transportation will be provided. All are expected to attend.
- Evan and wife are expecting their third child. Chris Nicolich and his wife are expecting their second child.
- Both Logan and Winston will be on vacation next week. Cynthia will be on vacation the following week.
- Music and AFA move to West - unsure how that will all unfold. Not exactly a done deal. The plan is to store items in the interim storage facility. Looking at the offices on the 5th floor of West for some and absorbing the rest throughout the building.
- Next week is cake week.
- Application streaming server - solution to staff software issue. Logan is spinning up a second streaming server. When in place, will need to educate staff on functionality.
- Staff migration - waiting on App Streaming.
- Public migration - latest revision is working great. Education, Maps and Microfilm will be done by the beginning of classes next week.
- Images in the works: West netbook image done. Creating auto log-on script that enables wireless. MSL laptops - testing. West high-end should be done today.
- MSL107 - sound and video issues with Lifesize. The company will be out next week to troubleshoot. They will also check the ECOB unit.
- MSL208 - to be set up for distance learning. Evan and Mike will meet with Amy Buhler to find out the specific needs. The funding has already been approved.
- New time-limited machines are up in MSL.
- Document disposition database - small demo last week. Larger one scheduled for Sept. 1st. Working on a few additional features.
- Kuale OLE - Chris will be shadowing library departments both this week and next. Council meetings - tiger teams formed.
- Hathi Trust - no response from Warren.
- Library Hours - Shruti.
- FilmTracker - Chris is working on requirements.
- Storage Gap Tracker - met with Cathy to go over needs. Working on requirements draft.
- DR plan review - going well.
- DHCP - no new problems. Still have an issue with two ports in MSL. Have cleanup to do for staff in East and AFA.
- VIVO - testing image ingest. Grant ends in three weeks. Unlikely to get to the upgrade to 1.3.
- ILS - AIMS storage software - reports of records not updating in ALEPH. Matthew will speak to Donna about this when he goes to FCLA.
- People Counter - no word from Jeff.
- FEFDL site - meeting August 24.
- Matthew has been doing a lot of ALEPH work.