- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
August 9, 2011
August 9, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike TylerAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Convocation is next Thursday, August 18, 2PM. Room 1A.
- Review of the proposed regulation amendment for accruing vacation time.
- Application streaming - has been installed and we are testing.
- Staff migration - waiting on application streaming.
- Public migration - DHCP issue ongoing in MSL. Left to image: MSL laptops and West microform machines.
- Images in the works: West netbook, MSL laptop, Microform, Staff revision and West high-end revision.
- MSL 107 - installers are there today. Mike will test out the equipment and show the MSL folks how to run the basic features immediately and then the video conferencing later on.
- Time limited server is up and reporting. We reimaged the West time limited machines. MSL install scheduled for tonight and should be up and fully operational by tomorrow morning.
- We are still waiting for the cart and charger for the netbooks.
- East campus conference room problem - Mike is talking to the vendor, needs equipment info. Will to supply.
- Document disposition database - Phase II not used much yet. Demos scheduled for 8/11/11 and 9/1/11. Working on a few additional features.
- Kuali OLE update - Chris Case to shadow different library departments to gain an understanding of their activities.
- DLC - UFDC changes to support statewide "next platform" search was presented by Mark last week. Will be releasing as open-source this week.
- Hathi Trust - Shibboleth access most likely in August.
- Library Hours - Shruti is working on it.
- Grover mods - added hardware serial number to ticket page - done.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracking - meeting next week.
- Civil War microfilm database - awaiting donor.
- No SSL certs for UFDC yet. VIVO on hold.
- DR plan review - meeting next week.
- DHCP issues - CNS testing MSL.
- VIVO - three weeks left until the end of the grant. Will be upgrading to 1.3, finishing the test images ingest and doing general script cleanup. VIVO meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning.
- ILS - issue with borrowed items being stored in different formats in different tables. Donna gave Cynthia a workaround. No success yet.
- People Counter - no news from Facilities. Networking quote was high.
- Tom got a call that the mobile app hours were not showing - weekly hours on Verizon iPhone. Thought it might be a firmware or java issue. The computer availability tool was also not functional. Turned out to be something in Firefox 5. It happens on public computers if you have a lot of tabs open. Tom was able to resolve it by getting the user to close tabs and reload the page.