- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
August 2, 2011
August 2, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mike Tyler, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- IT Update 10AM tomorrow, Aug. 3, Room 1A.
- CIO IT Directors meeting July 28, 2011:
McAfee antivirus license renewal
Security office will need count of all computers using EPO server for updates to accurately predict total number of licenses
Security Assessment process being created to evaluate new processes and identify risk
New/first time software purchases
Vendor access control
Routine purchases will not require the security assessment process and a list of those purchases exempt will be created
Personal Laptop encryption required for all mobile devices that access sensitive data
New campus security policy will require encryption on all managed and personal devices
PGP encryption software has been purchased for all UF owned equipment
CIO is considering options for personally owned equipment
SharePoint Task Force
Creating Governance, Training
High Performance Computing
- Altiris - IT Analytics is fixed. Logan has increased the server performance to 4CPU and 10GB memory.
- Staff migration - running software reports with metering for departments. Will discuss with department heads. Will work on providing a pool of shared licenses.
- Public migration - DHCP issues ongoing. Will see how it goes tonight when we send out new image. Everything is done except MSL laptops and the microform machines.
- Images in the works: West netbook, MSL laptop, Microform, staff revision, Public revision (in testing) and West high-end revision.
- MSL 107 - still awaiting install date.
- West netbooks have arrived, still waiting on cart and battery charger.
- Time Limited software - 3 licenses ordered for MSL. New centralized server being spun up.
- Public print server - need to make naming change t the fully qualified name for laptop printing. Will test it first, see if it breaks and then set it back until we have all public machines on WIN7.
- Document disposition database - Phase II rolled out. New demos scheduled for August 11. Working on a few additional features.
- Kuali OLE update - quarterly meeting attended by Rachel Schipper and Chris Case. There is a lot of work to be done, we're not where we'd like to be. In advance of the coders, we need to get teams together. We are working with the UK - Gist corporation - Mellon grant. Kuali Days will be held in Indianapolis on November 11-15. Judy will be in attendance, as well as Rachel and Chris.
- Macros - 2 awaiting acceptance, 3 in progress.
- Hathi Trust - access through Shibboleth - no movement.
- Library hours - Tom and Shruti are working on modifications.
- Grover - changes requested by Evan - filtering tickets by state, done. Adding HW serial number to ticket page - Chris will do.
- Open Access Public Funding changes - complete.
- FilmLog - may become more of a priority due to the Dean's interest in the project.
- Logon script for screen resolution - Chris worked on it.
- People Counter - ticket in at CNS is progressing. Estimated cost is in excess of $13,000 - which seems high. Hope to schedule it for mid-August, but will hinge on Judy approving the funding.
- New SSL certs for VIVO and UFDC are being generated.
- DHCP - lingering issues in MSL.
- DR plan review - Logan spoke with Amy about it.
- VIVO meeting - this Friday at HSCL. Conlon wants to meet Logan and Alex. Billing issues with server charges. Fiscal Services is involved - last fiscal year.
- ILS - there was an issue with a query that stopped working. Turned out, FCLA had rebuilt the tables and we no longer had permissions. This has been corrected.
- Tutorials site - just about done. Matthew spoke with Isabel regarding UF standards.
- FEFDL site not funded, but will redesign the existing site. May check alternate funding sources.
- Survey time - lots of requests for survey monkey at the end of the semester.
- Waiting on content for statewide storage and UF records migration sites.
- Web position to be rewritten, reposted.