- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
July 26, 2011
July 26, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Alex Rockwell, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- TSS Project Managers; one page summary is due next week.
- Altiris - Notification server: IT Analytics is 80% fixed. Logan has been tweaking the server to see if we can get better imaging performance. Right now it takes between 45 minutes-2 hours to image a machine. We've been having trouble with PXE boot in MSL. Logan to submit a CNS ticket on this issue.
- 100 new staff PC's imaged and assigned. Will be contacting departments tomorrow. Will wait for Altiris Analytics software report prior to deploying.
- Public migration - GovDocs and Maps are done. MSL (except microform) is done. DHCP issues ongoing in MSL. Microform password software in testing. New public image complete and re-imaging scheduled at night.
- Aleph v.20 flipped. Ticket volume was high the first day, but is slowing down. Will push the v.20 file for label printing. Don't push it to print daemons.
- MSL107 PO cut. Waiting for install date. Need to have it done before fall semester starts.
- MSL wants time-limited workstations. This may push certain patrons out to the branches. Get an estimate of cost for expanding the time-limited software licensing to MSL and possibly the branches and we'll take it from there.
- West netbooks ordered. 16 batteries already received.
- Recruitment Study - HR is testing prior to finalizing the code. Mark met with Bonnie and Brian and is wrapping this up.
- Document Disposition database - Phase II will go live next Monday, August 1. Phase II-B will be worked on next.
- Kuale OLE - Chris Case and Rachel will be attending the quarterly meeting in Pennsylvania. Beta release slated for November. After that, the search for volunteering Libraries will ramp up. Kuale Days scheduled in Indianapolis in November. Looking to extend the Mellon Grant. Looking at Serials solution.
- UFDC - new version - wrapping up package for FCLA to see if they could handle running it.
- Macros - 1 closed, 1 awaiting acceptance, 1 in testing, 1 in progress, 1 on hold and 1 under approval.
- Class registration software (from HSC) - ready to go live.
- Hathi Trust - access through Shibboleth - Warren is working on it. Will probably be ready in August.
- Shruti is back, working half-time for now. She is working on Library hours with Tom Minton.
- Issue with an Exchange mailbox setting - was not set the way it should have been. We've identified the issue and have a plan in place to make sure it does not happen again.
- FilmLog modification for Preservation - Bobbie and Cathy want to revise the old program.
- OAPF form changes - making it more interactive.
- New SSL certs received. Currently installed on all current *.uflib.ufl.edu web servers. *.ufdc.ufl.edu web servers are next in line.
- DR plan review - current plans will be reviewed over the next few weeks. New additions for VIVO servers will be implemented. Recovery methods will be tested and verified.
- VMware view - testing continues. Current version of the virtual W7 appliance works better after resource increase and tweaking.
- DHCP - issues still linger in MSL.
- People Queue project - Logan walked around with Jeff from Facilities. Worked out what is needed. Jeff should be putting in a ticket with CNS. We will need to deploy a new VM with SQL Express. Should be installed mid-August.
- VIVO - parsing grants underway for about a week. No issues. We are ingesting GatorOne cards into it. New release for VIVO looks good. Coming soon.
- ILS - Cynthia created good documentation on ALEPH queries.
- Proxy and Course Reserves - ARES checks to see if patrons are from UF, then lets them log in. If not, they routed to the proxy log-in page which leads to a circular re-direct if they do not log in properly. VPN works fine. Ongoing issue.
- Tutorials site is up. Awaiting content from Christine Fruin and Isabel Silver.
- FEFDL site - new design worked up, awaiting LSTA grant.
- Statewide storage/ALF site - awaiting input from Cathy Martyniak and Judy Russell.
- Migration of UF Records management site - awaiting input from Carl Van Ness and Rich Bennett. Site should probably separate from the Libraries.