- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
July 12, 2011
July 12, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Chris Case, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Alex Rockwell, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike Tyler, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Please be sure to review meeting minutes and send corrections to Debra, as they are publically distributed.
- TSS annual meeting July 19. Parking pass issue to be resolved by that time.
- Chris Nicolich is expecting his second child!
- Convocation - August 19.
- Library Council - redoing professional development travel - no funding available right now. Flat budget is unknown. Faculty equity not yet determined. FCLA & CCLA are transferring into a new organization.
- Altiris - Notification Server - IT Analytics still not working.
- Staff Migration - Standard image - need to build Aleph v20. Privilege Authority requires additional testing. Software testing complete. Software packaging - beginning to plan.
- Public Migration - All branches done, except MSL (waiting new image). DHCP issues fixed. Server issues fixed. Microform password software being rewritten. New public image in testing.
- Aleph v20 - v19 off July 22, v20 on July 25.
- MSL 107 PO cut awaiting install date
- New West netbooks - 22 to be ordered soon.
- Library IT/Campus AT joint virtual desktop project - no action.
- Recruitment Study (HR) - mostly finished - Mark compiling list of final tasks.
- Document disposition database - Phase II changes to be demoed Thursday morning.
- Kuali OLE - update by Chris Case.
- DLC/UFDC update - to be demoed for the state in a few weeks.
- Macros - 3 pending acceptance, 1 in progress, 1 waiting for user input.
- Class Registration SW (from HSC) - demoed to Isabel and Amy this morning, will try to get them a test copy next week.
- Hathi Trust access through Shibboleth - requested from Bridges.
- Print Journal Inventory Tracking (Storage and ASERL) overview.
- Hosting + mods ASERL Gap Analysis DB (Judy) - discussed.
- DHCP - all active but West. Final bugs being worked out.
- Web Server SSL cert installation - new SSL certs now available from campus. These will be installed on all library web servers over the next few weeks.
- Internal Testing of VMware View VDI - test infrastructure in place. First virtual desktop trail was slow and clunky; will definitely need as many resources (RAM/CPU) as a desktop install.
- VIVO - trying to roll out grants harvester. Rolled it last week, but there was a problem so we had to roll it back. We are verifying it before production now.
- ILS - more phone tickets than ILS.
- Exchange Management console 2010 tool that manages mailbox permissions has moved, changed. Met with the Exchange staff member, the management is quite a bit more complicated now. Power shell scripts may be required. May require higher level staff to manage.
- Issues with Proxy Server and SciFinder discussed.
- New tutorial site requested by Isabel Silver.
- Pending outside forces: FEFDL site, statewide storage/ALF site and migration of UF Records Management site.