- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
June 28, 2011
June 28, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Alex Rockwell, Patricia Ruwell, Mark SullivanAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- TSS Annual Meeting 19 July
- 24 Jun CIO IT Directors Meeting:
UF Mobile Site launched - using jQuery mobile (http://jquerymobile.com/)
- Site launched 23 June with many improvements using both native and web app functionality for most mobile platforms
- Mobile Sakai project
IT inventory scan - Long discussion on the selection of the KACE appliance, several IT Directors objected to the selection and the requirement to install the KACE client on their workstations due to the possibility of incompatibilities with current systems and duplication of effforts.
- Using KACE appliance from Dell currently licensed for 30,100k clients, additional appliances will be added if UF exceeds the license limit
- Reports showing exactly what is being reported are available by request as of now, Direct access will be made available in the near future.
- Timeline for the scan has no end date, the intent is to make live data available to the CIO and IT managers
- Clients installations are request to be installed at the earliest convenience
- Public migration to WIN7 in Library West is almost done. Microform and unaffiliated patron left, and then high-end and on to the Music Library.
- Staff migration on schedule for middle of July.
- MSL107 equipment has been purchased.
- Recruitment Study (HR) - Mark finishing final changes. Trying to import partial surveys from Survey Gizmo
- Document disposition database-Phase II - in progress through mid-July.
- Kuali OLE - Chris Case starting 7/1
- Macros this week: 1 complete (Acq), 4 in-progress (Acq, Cat, ALF, Pres)
- Class Registration SW (from HSC) - Chris Nicolich -obtained program and database structure from HSC. Working on applying Shibboleth.
- DHCP basically done. Final branches will be active Wednesday the 28th.
- Physical server move to CSE is complete - VMs will be brought back online over the next few days
- Internal testing of VMware View VDI - we'll be evaluating VMware View for the next several months. I may ask IT staff to volunteer to work off virtual desktops during the test to judge feasibility of a virtual environment
- VIVO - Alex will be joining us on Tuesdays. VIVO 1.2.1 is the current version. Stabilization is greatly improved. QR codes discussed. Database connectivity is fixed. August 31 is the official end date of the grant. Harvester is working correctly and will be deployed once the data is cleaned up.
- People Counter project - device to be installed in mid-July. Will need server/SQL.
- Slow, Cynthia is working on documentation.
- ALEPH v. 20 - will need to be deployed quickly. Will try to push with Altiris.
- Virtual Bookplate issue fixed, but there was a new issue with a search that resulted in a return from an old CM folder. Tom renamed the folder so it will not turn up in a search again. Dan Reboussin then reported people could not see his web page. He was directed to use LibGuides.
- WordPress works. News blog looks as it should, but it should have FTP access. Logan to work on it.
- Catalog log-in shift to Gatorlink - waiting for the word to roll it out. Proxy issues.
- Matthew is working on a statewide storage/ALF site.
- Migration of UF Records Management site.