- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 24, 2011
May 24, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mike TylerAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Cake at next staff meeting, 5/31/11. Cynthia's 40th birthday!
- Amy's Mom has 2 very nice, fat cats - free to a good home.
- TSS annual meeting - July 19. Transportation arrangements: van, POV parking across from Library West. Need to reserve 7 laptops for the event.
- Altiris software is up. DNS is up. Notification server is up, but SQL databases are empty. Discussion about SQL2K5 vs. SQL 2K8.
- Staff image - complete. Lining up departments for software testing.
- Public image - need to change log off for Centurion software.
- Tech room guides - finishing up 1A.
- Public cable cleanup in progress.
- Study rooms - West is done. Waiting for Brad to install outlets in MSL.
- Education video cart installed. Waiting on Patrick from VCS.
- Help Desk - no applicants for student position.
- Recruitment Study - Bonnie identified several problems in Maureen's code. We are working on them. New Java programmer hired; should be able to help.
- Document Disposition database - demo to GovDocs next week.
- Kuale OLE - two interviews done, third candidate is most likely dropping out.
- SharePoint - stable.
- VIVO - servers back to Library. Alex Rockwell and Chris Case are the primary admins.
- MS Forefront - ongoing, testing resumed.
- DHCP - on hold for Altiris report.
- CNS - without specific location, can only provide a generalized estimate: $100,000.
- New Web server - Tomcat is running, blogs moved, all PHP-based tools moved (except the VT calendar).
- Last server moves - original time conflicts with jury duty summons. Rescheduling for the week of June 13.
- Emerging Technologies meeting - Judy thinks native apps are slicker. With the differences in five platforms explained, it was suggested we submit an Emerging Technologies grant and get students to do it. If created, would still require staff to be trained to support them.
- Stacy - catalog switch to Gatorlink - she would like us to contact CNS to ask about how to limit possible slowdowns in service.