- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
May 17, 2011
May 17, 2011
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Michael Jay, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mike Tyler, Evan WackAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Updates
- Fiscal Year deadlines: May 27: last day for PO's and PCards for out-of-state-vendors. June 10: PCard in-state. June 17 - travel expense reports.
- Altiris server down - on hold. Server hardware broke - had to rebuild the server. SQL 2005 will not boot up. We will spin up DS so computers won't get stuck on PXE reboot. All migration to WIN7 is at a standstill. Josh is moving forward with software gathering from testers. Waiting on list from DLC. Two computers in the West shop have WIN7, so we can start testing.
- Work Study rooms - all 10 monitors installed. Port connection problem to be fixed.
- Video conference cart for Education will be taken back to campus today by Josh and Mike.
- MSL107 meeting - decided to stick with the original concept.
- Maintenance kit for GovDocs plotter printer - GovConnection and CDWG do not carry it. If we can't locate the kit, we'll have to move on to Plan B.
- SharePoint - site has been populated with info on Office 2010 and WIN7.
- Clean Slate is out. Will use Centurion for a year until we can configure group policy to work with Deep Freeze.
- Annunciator in MSL is dead. Could be run as a PowerPoint presentation.
DLC General Issues
- Recruitment Study - temporary Java programmer has been hired. Logan set up a new production server for Tomcat.
- Document Disposition database - ongoing.
- New candidate assessment form for HR - Chris.
- Macros - 3-4 ongoing.
- Greenstone is gone. We are taking it offline.
- SharePoint - stable.
- VIVO - pass back has begun. Chris Case is the primary contact. We have instructions on how to reset. Grover tickets to be submitted if the VIVO servers go down.
- MS Forefront and DHCP on hold while Logan works on Altiris.
- CNS infrastructure - waiting on estimate for DLC/Storage location.
- People counter - devices shipped, Peter replacing Rob as contact.
- New Web server - configuration continues. Blog server - need to coordinate the move with Matthew Daley.
- Cynthia came across a record that is different in two places - has contacted Donna Alsbury.
- Matthew's computer died. Needs the hard drive replaced.
- Amy Buhler put in a ticket that she could not reply to a survey. Our Survey Monkey account has expired.
- Matthew is gathering ALEPH info for Cathy Martyniak.
- Judy to attend the upcoming Emerging Technologies meeting. It should reflect her vision of Emerging Technologies in the Library. She wants native apps.
- Study Room Reservations - launched.
- Catalog log-in shift to Gatorlink - shift to Shibboleth slows it down.