- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
April 12, 2011
April 12, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Evan Wack
Guest: Rachel SchipperAnnouncements
Ongoing IT Update
- Logan received his 5-year service pin.
- There's a reception at MSL this afternoon for the Coral Reef Exhibit.
- E&G IT Managers - UF wireless network access control begins Summer A with warnings for unpatched software, followed by access denial Summer B. Remedy upgrade pushed back to Fall 2011. Campus mobile apps to launch soon. Logan is verifying reports that Exchange mailbox deletion has highlighted the lack of backups for mailboxes.
- Spring Picnic - April 29.
- Rob Roberts is retiring on June 30. His retirement party will be held on June 27, 2-4PM.
- Clean Slate - progress is being made. One minute rule resolved some issues. One issue left with group policy and one with Adobe disappearing.
- Altiris - working on issues. Trish was on a marathon conference call with them. Altiris says that it needs its own instance of SQL. Evan, Logan and Winston are discussing that possibility.
- MSL 308 - short throw projector for Smart Board - complete. Works great.
- Education mobile video conference cart - reworking the quote.
- Technology room guides - East Conference and Room 1A still pending.
- Public computer cable clean up - fantastic work.
- 100 new staff computers - list has been verified. Will contact departments via email.
- Archivist Toolkit for Special Collections - ticket is now with the Networking folks.
- New certified in-house Dell tech: Josh Spurgin.
- Evan is on the search committee for the Web unit head.
- We are upgrading EPO to a new version.
- West Study Rooms - installation should happen in the next few weeks.
- HSCL - public laptop printing - Josh will work with them on this issue.
DLC General Issues
- Recruitment Study - Maureen is almost finished with her input. She's still working on it from home. She will work on it to an agreed upon point and then our other software programmers will take it over.
- Document Disposition database - Tom is working on it.
- Kuale OLE - Maureen's position is posted. Closes this week.
- Winston is in the committee to hire the national-level OLE developer. Two of the three applicants turned out to be unqualified.
- ITS - Changes for recording Faculty classes taught - Chris is getting the code.
- Library Hours - Shruti working on it. May put in Ask-A-Librarian hours.
- Microform log-in - done.
- OAP fund form - done.
- UF Financial Systems upgrade - Winston has requested the PeopleSoft roles.
- OJS - awaiting outside force.
- Solr/Lucene - testing. May begin indexing today.
- Judy asked about Fedora - Mark needs to update Judy.
- DLC currently has 3 web servers. Mark is working to consolidate the services onto one server.
- CNS issue - blade center chassis is still not fixed. Expect more outages in the near future. They've replaced the back end and switches.
- SharePoint training - April 14 and 21.
- VIVO - all new servers are up and configured, according to Stephen Williams. We'll see how it goes when they switch. Again, please provide Judy with a summary of the situation.
- Server room - 95% done. IBM rack move to co-location pending scheduling.
- DHCP - back on schedule. Unit meeting this week to finalize switch.
- CNS billing - meeting with CNS and Grace this week to create new billing line for grants.
- Survey of fiber connectivity to temporary DLC/Storage location. We have an open ticket with CNS for three possible locations.
- No issues.
- Study Room reservations - students are complaining. Matthew will take the feedback to Public Services. Standalone machine - too slow. This is a function of IE - and, it can only be locked down in IE.
- Catalog log-in shift to Gatorlink is under discussion with Branch Chairs. FCLA would implement.
- Planet of the Apps - Emerging Technologies meeting rescheduled for June.
- FEFDL - waiting on the grant. Working on the third design, combing features of one and two.