- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd
Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
Information Technology Staff Meeting Notes
March 22, 2011
March 22, 2011
Present: Shruti Bagri, Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Laurie Brennan, Will Chaney, Logan Clapp, Matthew Daley, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Michael Jay, Maureen Kelly, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Patricia Ruwell, Josh Spurgin, Mark Sullivan, Mike TylerAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 3/15/11
- P2P - CIO went through an 18-month draft for UF IT. When the final version is ready, Will is going to let us know how it affects Smathers IT. They are devising a way to have all mobile devices with UF information registered.
Ongoing IT Updates
- Software #2 - Documents Disposition database - last sentence changed.
- DLC #3 - identified that: Mark will write to Judy concerning the time-line for this with an explanation for why this would, in essence, replace Fedora.
- Nets #4 - Vivo - last sentence changed.
- Web #1 - added "IA and/or" to the last sentence.
- Clean Slate - deadline April 20 for fix.
- EPO broke this week - Winston cleared it out. Will now purge weekly.
- Altiris Asset Management - broke importing Grover data. Call placed with Symantec. Awaiting response.
- Group Study Rooms - waiting on POs.
- Microform machines - will be deployed in West on March 28. Department heads in other areas have been emailed regarding deployment, but no feedback yet received.
- MSL 107 GIS/3D labs - proposal is now for two separate locations.
- Room reservation computer - will launch Thursday, March 31.
- 100 new computers - four received today. Remaining 96 (2 shipments of 48) should be incoming tomorrow.
- Tapes - more bins for disposal to be delivered today.
DLC General Issues
- Recruitment Study (HR) - Maureen is getting other Software folks up to speed on the application.
- Document Disposition database Phase II - Tom has the specs written and is coding.
- Macros - 3 or 4 ongoing.
- FCLA reports - issues
- Kuale OLE - revised position description for Maureen's current job.
- ITS - recording faculty classes taught - ongoing for Shruti.
- Storage-Print Journal Inventory Tracking - will meet with Cathy Martyniak on Friday to discuss requirements.
- Library Hours - Shruti made changes for Tom. There are a few more mods to make.
- DLC - OJS update (Open Journal System)
- DLC - METS Editor
- DLC - Migration to Solr/Lucene
- SharePoint - training classes to be taught by Logan and Amy beginning in April.
- DHCP - Pushed back by higher priority issues; currently scheduled for last week of March.
- VIVO - Meeting with CTRIP rescheduled for March 31st. Meeting with Library implementation team on Thursday. We are installing a clean copy of VIVO locally to have a baseline.
- MS Forefront and SCOM - Amy is working on the configuration.
- Web VPN project - looking at ways to utilize new Anyconnect VPN as primary off-campus access method for the Libraries.
- Wordpress - we are moving internal blogs to SharePoint. Repurposing Wordpress for use for public facing blogs only. Also, removed most user accounts and reset all passwords as part of security exploit recovery.
- Webpage-based query failure - ongoing.
- FEFDL - the latest site draft can be found here: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/fefdl-test/test6
- Mobile App - UF site demoed at P2P. Eventually, we will need to redo our app using their framework. They are looking for mobile app testers.